Friday, April 11, 2008

I am eager to work with Rajni sir: Ash


The reigning queen of Bollywood and the humble Bachhan bahu, Aishwarya Rai, is all set and raring to work with Tamil matinee idol and superstar Rajnikanth. Rumours milled that Ash, has rejected the offer to act in Rajni's forthcoming heavy weight, "Robot" due to rather less salary she would get from it(4 Crores!!!).

Aishwarya was of the view that, it would be difficult for her to concentrate on one single film for over 2 years and paid just about 4 crores. She obviously would miss out on many Bollywood offers if she commited to "Robot", which may take around 2 years in production(we know how many days director Shankar would take to direct a film !!!).

But after, Rajni had a deliberation with his good friend and Father-in-law of Aishwarya Rai, Amitabh Bacchhan, she has agreed to act in "Robot".

When asked why she accepted superstar Rajnikanth starrer Robot, Aishwarya said: "I want to work with Rajni sir, yaar. He is phenomenal. Everyone speaks of this experience. I'll actually go through the experience. It's very important for me to come away with something from my films since I give so much."
The film is directed by Shankar, who gave Aishwarya her first break in Jeans.She also spoke about, Rajni, the human being and someone very humble.

"Rajni sir, being the senior that he is, has shown no egoistic traits in approaching me for his last four-five films. And my refusal to do his films was never misconstrued by him. I admire him for that. It speaks volumes for his seniority and his calibre as a human being to never take offence to my no", Ash said.
But, Rajni and Ash combination would sizzle only at the end of 2009.