Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dada celebrates his 36th birthday, pledges to do well against SL


Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly who celebrated his 36th birthday on Tuesday hoped to do well in the Sri Lanka series.
“There was no special wish for my birthday ... also, there’s no special celebration ... just that I’m looking forward to the Lanka series,” he told reporters in Kolkata. With the national selectors retaining him in the 16-member squad for the three-Test series in Sri Lanka starting later this month, Ganguly felt that there was no reason to be excited to see his name on the team roster.
“I was always there in the squad; so there’s no need to get excited. I’ll look to give my 100 per cent and do well in the Sri Lanka series,” he said.
The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) presented him a bouquet.