Sunday, February 03, 2008

SRK SNUBS HEALTH MINISTER RAMDOSS


Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan on Saturday snubs Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss who had advised him not to smoke in public .

The Superstar had recently said in an interview that he did not like anyone telling him what to do and what not to.
"I do not endorse smoking and I do not like anyone telling me personally what to do and what not to do," Khan said in an interview to a private news channel.
Defending smoking scenes on the screen, the actor contended that the depiction of such habits are just a part of the characters.

I want to tell on behalf of every actor, director and producer that anything negative in movies like, fighting, firing, smoking, drinking and rapes are not for their glorification, but they are a part of characters. Films can't be all about good things or god and goddess," he said.
The actor advocated, "There should not be a blanket ban on anything. But yes you have to be responsible about what you show in your films. And I can say with pride that with 17 years and 60 films I have been one of the most responsible actor as far as what kind of the entertainment I am giving to the country."

No comments: